Team Manager FAQ
How can I become an Ice Cardinals Team Manager?
Step 1: Contact Ice Cards Lead Manager Mentor (see contact below)
Step 2: Register as a volunteer with USA hockey. Send the registration number to the KAIHA Registrar (contact below)
Step 3: Complete & pass a background check through USA Hockey Background checks are good for two years. Background checks must be completed and passed before routine access to children.
Step 4: Register & take SafeSport training. All managers need to take this online free course annually.
What are the typical responsibilities of a team manager?
- Organize season kickoff meeting
- Organize team budget (handout to parents and KAIHA treasurer)
- Organize roster information for KAIHA Registrar
- Schedule all games (nonleague & league games, home and away, and possible tournaments)
- Register and Pay for League & tournament
- Communicate weekly with the team via email and/or Crossbar app
- Input schedule, scores, and roster on the LIC team and league pages
- Coordinate ordering of needed uniforms, jersey #s, and spirit wear
- Collect monthly fees from families
- Pay Ice bills
- Schedule and pay refs for home game days
- Schedule year-end banquet or party
What is the time commitment of being a team manager?
The start of the season is always more work than the middle/end because of administrative duties like rostering and scheduling. The first few weeks will take about 2-3 hours a week to get everything set up for a smooth season. After that, a typical week throughout the season requires about 1-2 hours of work between game scheduling/confirmation, parent questions, etc.